State and Territory Associations, TTA Life Members, TTA Board Sub-Committees
TTA and TTNZ are pleased to announce that after fruitful negotiations, the Boards of both organisations have unanimously endorsed an Agreement that will enable reciprocal rights to compete in each other's national championship events. Although access to compete in the National Veterans
Championships and National Para Championships has been available for multiple years in an informal capacity, the Agreement now includes the National Senior & Youth Championships and the National Junior Championships, thereby formalising the relationship across all events in both countries.
The following aspects highlight the Agreement:
- Australian athletes can enter the teams and individual events in the New Zealand National Junior Championships, National Senior & Youth Championships, National Para Championships and National Veterans Championships, and vice versa.
- There should be a development element to all players/teams competing. Teams/squads are not to consist of elite/national team players only.
- All athletes are eligible to win medals and national titles in any event they enter.
- TTA must approve any New Zealand players/teams that enter any Australian National Championships, and vice versa. TTA must approve teams/athletes to enter any New Zealand National Championships, and vice versa.
- Only one team per gender/age group will be accepted into a National Championships. This may only be relaxed at the discretion of the Host Association.
A media release can be viewed at: https://www.tabletennis.org.au/news/15076/